Saturday, February 28, 2009

Insurance

Hmmm... to everybody out in the U.S., I don't understand how people have to be bound to their job just because of their benefits. I don't know how the government can change this, but I truly hope that it will happen. I estimate that they are a lot of people who stay, unhappy, in their current jobs because they need benefits. The system gets complicated especially when you have preexisting medical conditions. If you find a different insurance will they cover this preexisting condition. I'd be happy to hear from other people in similar situations. I feel as if I'm taking a crash course in American health insurance policies and politics. I am finding that even with Americans - there is a lot of confusion about how to go about transitioning from a job to a different one that may not offer benefits.

So, with lots of insurance thoughts on my mind, I'll go and peruse through further explanation of benefits to figure out why doctors' offices over code, mis-code, and why we as the customers, who pay, have to figure out the mistakes and the solutions. Accountability is a good thing .... when there is mutual accountability from both customer and provider. Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment